Monday, April 20, 2009

Asia here I come!

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello everyone! The school year is coming to a close here at Arizona State and summer is on its way! Let me take some time to briefly share what God has been doing in my life, on our campus, and around the world. As you may know, I went on a six week trip to East Asia last summer with Campus Crusade for Christ. The country we visited is a closed country, meaning missionaries are not welcome there. With God’s help, we were able to share the gospel and tell people about Jesus to those who have never even heard His name before. We reached the darkest parts of our world where Christ is not known and brought the love of God to them. By the end of our trip, sixty-five people came to know the Lord, and I know we will see all of those faces again one day in heaven. The trip was life changing. The experiences I had in Asia will be with me forever, and the things I learned there I will take with me wherever God leads me. After this awesome experience on the summer project last year, I decided to get more involved with Campus Crusade’s ministry at ASU, joining their leadership team. The past year I have led a Bible study in the dorms with a group of freshmen and discipled a smaller group of three girls. God has taught me a great deal about loving others and growing His kingdom.

After much prayer, God is leading me to return to East Asia this summer! I will be one of only four returning students to the country, along with a team of 25 others. God has given us an incredibly special opportunity to share the gospel and show His love to these people and I am so blessed to get to be a part of changing the world in this way.

Our team will be leaving on May 19th, and we will spend a month and a half on university campuses building relationships with the students there and evangelizing. I know this is where God wants me this summer, but the date is rapidly approaching, and I am praying that God will build up a team of supporters to join me on my journey this summer. In order for me to participate on this project I need to raise $4300 personally, and I know I cannot do it alone. I ask first and foremost that you keep me, my team, and the people we will be ministering to in your prayers. Pray for safety as we travel through the world's darkest parts sharing the love of Christ. Also pray for strength and effectiveness as we present the gospel to others. I also ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with me financially as I trust that God will provide a way for me to do His work. If you would like to contribute to this trip in any way please let me know!

I will be updating this blog on a regular basis, filling you all in on the trip's preparation progress, and I will even get the chance to blog once or twice while I'm in the country.

thank you for reading, and definitely keep checking in!


Amy Radcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment